2. Choose a name that you would like to write and stick to it. Remember to look around for someone with the same name (words like face, ghost, king, demon, blaze, perk etc. are all common names). If you want to be really original come up with a longer word that is more cunning and perhaps relates to you or your work.
3. Look for inspiration in your city and on the internet, but do not directly copy anything you see; this will brand you as a toy [meaning a new artist who gets no respect] for a long time. This is also called "biting" which is a graffiti term for copying someone else's work. Biting is okay for your first graff piece just as long as you do not take the credit for it.
4. After months/weeks of practice and sketching, buy some permanent markers or make your own and begin tagging.
5. Work your way up to stickers, stencils or doing throw ups [a form of graffiti].
6. Meet other artists of your skill and of greater skill. You can learn from your superiors in this subculture and help your equals.
7. Always RESEARCH!! Try Researching people such as UTI CREW LOS ANGELES Researching styles can help you to understand the history of graffiti and different style.
8. Look on Amazon and search for DVDs on "Learn How To Do Graffiti" these will help you very much, look for the DVDs with a step by step section on how to draw & paint your design.
Please give your comments about this graffiti image, Thanks....