Light graffiti artists create unique tagging in air or sometimes around object in dimensional way and then images are clicked with time-lapse photography. Sometimes this tagging is not even possible with spray paints.
Requirements for capturing light graffiti in your camera:
1. If the lighting frequency is high, then attach a ND filter to cut down the unnecessary lighting.
2. The exposure time should be around 10-30 seconds and this should vary with the lighting conditions.
3. For capturing the light graffiti in your camera; the most important accessory is tripod. If you cannot get a tripod make sure that your camera is in a fixed position.
4. Keep your aperture dumb, do not highlight the aperture and make sure to keep your aperture closed. This controls the over exposure of the image.
5. You need to set your camera with faster shutter speed.
6. Always prefer low ISO and stick to ISO 100 for better light graffiti.
maybe a bit of information, to create interesting and beautiful light effects will require some equipment that consists of 3 kinds.
there are 3 different type of lights we use:
xenon: makes a warm golden light.
LED: makes a thin precise line.
cold cathode: thick line.
but the best results you get by experimenting, use filters and things witch reflect light.
HOW TO DO IT.
this are the basics:
to get the best results you need a tripod. the exposure should be around 10-30 sec. or longer if needed. stay in front of the camera and do your writing.
to not overexpose set the camera to about iso100, and close your aperture as much as possible. if there is still too much light you might have to use a nd-filter.it is always nice to integrate the surrounding into your picture.
Please give your comments about this graffiti image, Thanks....